We will use the data you provide when applying for a place on these courses as follows:
Name, Email and Mobile phone number
- This is the key information we need in order to know who you are and to enable us to get in touch with you.
- We use email for all correspondence so will confirm your place on courses by email and to give you any other information you need. We will also send you a reminder about:-
- the course a few days prior to the start date.
- We will only contact you by telephone if there is a last-minute change to arrangements which you need to be aware of.
- If we don’t get a response from you to an email when we have asked for one, we may try to contact you by phone or text as a check as to whether our email has arrived.
- If you do not cancel your place and do not arrive for the course, we may email you to suggest that you re-book in the future.
This is for you to make us aware of anything you think we should know about – for example a disability or difficulty where we may be able to provide support to enable you to attend the course or help you to get the most from it. When you tell us of a requirement we may ask for more information about it so that we fully understand the issues involved before deciding whether we can offer assistance.
How you heard about Recovery in Mind
We want to know how our message is getting out into the community and what publicity and advertising works.
Reason for attending
Our courses are primarily for those with a mental health challenge. We are happy for healthcare staff and carers to attend to learn more about what we do, but too many people who don’t have a mental health challenge will affect the balance of the courses, so we check the reasons for attending as people book and may ask healthcare staff or carers to attend alternative courses.
Services available to you
We need to know what support our students receive and will use this anonymously for statistical reporting.
Resident of West Berkshire
Our courses are free of charge to adults living in West Berkshire so we need confirmation of your eligibility.
This is useful to know which GP surgeries are recommending our services.
This information helps us to show changes and progress made during the Welcome to Recovery course. The forms are completed at the beginning and end of the Welcome to Recovery Course and can be compared by the student to show progress. The student may take them away with them at the end of the course, any remaining with be shredded.
West Berkshire Council Enrolment Form
As our Welcome to Recovery course is partly funded by West Berkshire Council, they require enrolment via their link which will be provided. How they use their data is outlined on the first page of their form.
As part of the registration for Welcome to Recovery your email address will be added to the distribution list for our newsletters and other information. You can ask for it to be removed at any time.
GDPR Your data – how we use it
We expect to keep this information for the next three years after which time it will be deleted. We will never share your name, email address or phone number with anyone else and will only contact you by email:-
- about admin issues,
- to make you aware of courses which you might be interested in and
- to invite you to student social events.
Updated: Dec. 2022